Pineapple Rava Kesari / Pineapple Semolina Pudding Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4 – 5
Author: Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 1/2 cup Pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Melted Ghee
- 1 tbsp Cashew Pieces
- 1 tsp Raisins
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch Food Color
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan.
- Add and fry the cashew pieces until golden color. Remove from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same ghee, add and fry the raisins until they plump up. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add the semolina and roast on a low flame until light golden color.
- Transfer the roasted semolina to a plate and set aside.
- Combine the chopped pineapple and water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and let it simmer for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and food color to the pineapple water.
- Add the roasted semolina little by little, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add the remaining ghee and combine.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook on a low flame for a minutes or until the semolina gets cooked.
- Once the semolina is cooked, add the sugar and combine well.
- Keep stirring for a few minutes or until the mixture thickens and forms as a mass.
- Add the fried cashews and raisins and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and serve warm or cold.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Mango Kulfi
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Eggless Saffron Cookies
- How to make khoya
- Kakarakaya Pulusu
- Semiya Payasam
- Sabudana Kheer
- Rava Appalu
- Vinayaka Chavithi Recipes