If you are looking for more dessert recipes then do check Vanilla Cinnamon Ice Cream, Sweet Potato Halwa, Gulab Jamun, Microwave Palkova, Semiya Payasam, Bread Rasmalai, Milk Rava Kesari and Pumpkin Halwa.
Homemade Mango Kulfi Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Serves: 5 – 6
Author: Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2.5 cups Milk
- 2.5 cups Mango Puree
- 1/2 cup Sugar (depends on the sweetness of the mangoes)
- 10 Almonds
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour / Corn Stratch
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch Saffron
- Soak the saffron in a tablespoon of hot milk for a few minutes and crush it well. Keep it aside.
- Dissolve the corn flour in little water and keep it aside.
- Grind the almonds into a coarse powder and set aside.
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Let it simmer on a low flame for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, saffron milk, corn flour paste and cardamom powder and mix everything well.
- Stir continuously and cook on a low – medium flame for 13 – 15 minutes or till the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the flame. Add the almond meal and mix well.
- Let it cool completely.
- The mixture should be thick.
- Add the mango puree to the milk mixture and mix everything until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into kulfi moulds or cups.
- Keep it in the freezer for 6 – 8 hours or until set.
- To unmould the kulfi run the outside of the kulfi mould under tap water for a few seconds and carefully take out the kulfi from inside.
- Garnish with almonds / pistachios and serve immediately.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Mango Saffron Lassi
- Ugadi Recipes
- Raw Mango Pulusu
- Mango Sambar
- Mango Lassi
- Green Tea
- Ambe Rasayana
- Jonna pindi vadiyalu
- Atukula Vadiyalu
- Coconut Mango Chutney
- Semiya Dosa