Sweet Potato Halwa Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2 – 3
- 2 Sweet Potatoes medium sized (approx. 1 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato)
- 5 tbsp Sugar or as needed (depends on the sweetness of the sweet potatoes)
- 4 – 5 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Saffron
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Boil and peel the sweet potatoes. Mash them well and set aside.
- Soak the saffron in warm milk for a few minutes. Crush it well and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add and fry the cashews until golden color. Then add raisins and fry until they plump up. Remove from the pan and keep them aside.
- In the same ghee, add the mashed sweet potato and mix well.
- Saute for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and saute till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Then add saffron milk and cardamom powder and combine well.
- Reduce the flame to low and keep on stirring the halwa for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Then add the roasted cashews and raisins and mix.
- Turn off the flame.
- Serve the sweet potato halwa war or cold.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Methi Paratha
- Aava Pettina Daddojanam
- Aloo Palak Gravy
- Mint Coriander Chutney
- Mamidikaya Pulusu
- Vegetable Ragi Semiya Upma
- Shakarkandi Chaat
- Pyaz Ki Kachori
- Corn methi pakora
- Peanut Murukku
- Karam Kajalu
- Banana Chips