Methi Ka Paratha / Fenugreek Leaves Paratha Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2
Author: Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: snack, breakfast
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek Leaves, tightly packed
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Crush the garlic and green chilli into a little a little course paste and set aside.
- Wash and chop the fenugreek leaves and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and turmeric powder and fry for a couple for minutes or until it wilts.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Take the flour, salt and fenugreek mixture in a bowl and combine.
- Make a smooth and pliable dough by adding water little by little. Knead it well.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll each ball into a circle.
- Heat a pan and place the paratha on it.
- Cook each side with little oil until brown spots appear on both sides.
- Once the paratha is cooked and browned, remove from the pan and keep it in a bowl or roti basket.
- Keep covered to maintain softness.
- Serve hot with pickle and raita.
You might also like to check these recipes: