If you are looking for more Indian sweet recipes then do check Pumpkin Halwa, Puran Poli, Mawa Coconut Jaggery laddu, Kobbari Kova Kajjikayalu, Gulab Jamun, 7 Cup Burfi, Pala Munjalu, Semiya Payasam, Tambittu, Chana Dal Kheer and Suji Ki Kheer.
Kasi Halwa with Jaggery / White Pumpkin Jaggery Halwa Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 4
- 3 cups Ash Gourd, grated
- 1.5 cups Jaggery, powdered
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10 Cashews
- Wash, peel and grate the ash gourd and measure it. Don’t discard the juice measure.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan and fry the cashews until light brown color. Take them out of the ghee and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the grated ash gourd and fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Reduce the flame.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook until soft, glossy and transparent.
- Once it is cooked, add the powdered jaggery and mix .
- Keep stirring till it forms together as a mass and leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add remaining ghee, cardamom powder and roasted cashews to the cooked halwa and combine well.
- Cook for a minute and turn off the flame.
You might also like to check these recipes: