Aloo Ka Rassawala Shaak – Rajasthani Aloo Yogurt Curry Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Side dish
Recipe Source: Sanjeev Kapoor
- 3 Potatoes medium sized (boiled, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup Fresh Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3/4 tbsp Chickpea Flour / Besan
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Green Chillies or as needed
- 1/2 inch Ginger, finely chopped
- A pinch of Hing
- A few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 – 1.5 tbsp Ghee
- Add the yogurt, chickpea flour, water and turmeric powder in a bowl and whisk well. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and fry till they begin to change color.
- Then add the hing, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped green chillies and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Now add the red chilli powder and prepared yogurt mixture and combine well.
- Reduce the flame to low.
- Add the boiled potatoes and salt and mix.
- Let it cook on a low flame for 7 – 10 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Now add the garam masala and cook for a minute.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with roti or puri.
You might also like to check these recipes: