Panki – Traditional Gujarati Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Makes: 8 – 9 Pankis
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe typeSnack, Breakfast
Recipe adapted from here
- 3/4 cup Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Urad Dal Flour
- 1 tsp Crushed Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Yogurt
- 2 tsp Melted Ghee
- 3/4 tsp Ginger Green Chilli Paste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing
- Plantain Leaves
- Water (little less than a cup)
- Combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, salt, crushed cumin and melted ghee in a bowl.
- Add water little by little and make a smooth batter.
- Add ginger chilli paste and combine well.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Grease the banana leaves with oil and set aside.
- Place a banana leaf on a hot pan / tawa.
- Put 1 – 2 tablespoons of batter on the greased banana leaf.
- Cover it with another greased banana leaf.
- Press it gently to spread the batter evenly to make a thin layer.
- Cook on both sides until light brown spots appear on the banana leaves.
- Serve immediately with green chutney / mint coriander chutney.
You might also like to check these recipes: