Gujarati Methi Na Gota / Fenugreek Leaves Fritters Recipe
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour / Besan
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil for the batter
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds, lightly crushed
- 5 tbsp Water
- 8 – 10 Black Peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies, large sized or as needed
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash the fenugreek leaves and chop them roughly or finely.
- Lightly crush the black pepper and coriander seeds in a mortal – pestle. Set aside.
- Whisk a tablespoon of oil and 5 tablespoons of water in a mixing bowl.
- Add the baking soda, finely chopped green chillies, crushed peppercorns, crushed coriander seeds, carom seeds, turmeric powder, hing, salt and sugar. Mix very well.
- Then add the chopped fenugreek leaves and give a nice mix.
- Now add the chickpea flour and mix everything well to form a batter.
- The batter should be thick.
- If the batter is too thick then add a few tablespoons of water.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying.
- Grease your hands and take a small ball of the batter.
- Slowly drop it in medium hot oil.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Paneer Sandwich
- Lobia Vada
- Kothimbir Vadi
- Paneer Pav Bhaji
- Bhindi Sambhariya
- Gujarati Dal
- Farsi Puri
- Saag Aloo
- Lachko Dal