Menthi Kura Pappu Recipe / South Indian Fenugreek Leaves Dal Recipe
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1 1/2 cup Fenugreek Leaves
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- 1 Onion, large
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- Gooseberry size Tamarind ball
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Put the rinsed toor dal, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes and squeeze the extract out of it. Keep it aside.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves and chop them roughly or finely. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the slit green chillies, broken red chilli and hing and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Then add cubed onion and fry until light brown color.
- Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle little water and cover with a lid.
- Let it cook completely.
- Add cooked toor dal, tamarind extract. salt, red chilli powder and little water and mix.
- Let it cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with rice or roti.
You might also love to check these recipes:
- Chintakaya Pappu
- Pudina Millet Rice
- Butter Cup Corn
- Dondakaya Kobbari Karam
- Eggless Bread Custard Pudding
- Sweet Bajra Roti
- Radish Chutney
- Mamidikaya borugula pulihora
- Chikkudu Ginjala Pulusu
- Idli Milagai Podi