If you are looking for more plantain recipes then do check Vazhakkai Podimas, Aratikaya Vepudu, Banana Chips, Raw Banana Thoran, Aratikaya Palakura Kura, Aratikaya Ulli Karam and Raw Banana Perugu Pachadi.
Kalchina Aratikaya Kura / Roasted Plantain Curry Recipe
- 2 Plantains, medium sized
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 Small Lemon
- 2 – 3 tbsp Grated Dry Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Wash the plantains and pat dry with a kitchen napkin.
- Apply some oil to the plantains and place it on an open flame. Turn the plantain around while it is roasting.
- Roast them till they are completely black. The inside will be soft. Keep them aside to cool.
- Peel the charred skin of the plantains and mash them with your fingers or masher.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the slit green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add the sliced onion and fry til onion turn golden color.
- Now add the mashed plantains, salt and turmeric powder and combine very well.
- Reduce the flame to low. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the dry coconut and red chilli powder and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Finally add the lemon juice and mix everything.
- Serve with hot rice and ghee.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Potlakaya Perugu Pachadi
- Coriander Mint Chutney
- Snowball Cookies
- Thotakura Kootu
- Corn Paneer Vada
- Methi Carrot Curry
- Jowar Dates Modak
- Dry Fruit Milkshake
- Kaju Katli
- Bendakaya Senagapindi Vepudu