And here’s a complete list of Sankranti Recipes.
Sakinalu / Chakinalu Recipe with Video
Hari Chandana PIndianSnack
Prep Time: 40mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Makes: 18 – 20 Sakinaalu
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- To make the rice flour, wash and soak rice in water for 4 hours.
- Drain the water and spread on a clean cloth.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes. Don’t let it dry for long time. It should not be dried completely. Moisture should be there.
- Grind the wet rice in a mixie to a fine powder. Then sieve it well and collect the fine flour and crumbly flour separately.
- Grind the crumbly flour in a mixer to a fine flour and sieve it.
- Take one and half cups of prepared rice flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, ajwain seeds and sesame seeds to it and mix well.
- Add water little by little to make a dough.
- The dough should be not too thick or sticky.
- Now spread a clean cotton cloth on a flat surface.
- Wet your hands and take a small portion of the dough in hand and pipe the dough into circles (refer the below video).
- If the dough seems dry, sprinkle little water and mix.
- Make all the dough to Sakinalu and let them dry for 1 – 2 hours.
- Use a flat spatula or a flat plate for taking the sakinalu from the cloth. Carefully remove them from the cloth and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Slowly drop the sakinalu into the hot oil. Fry them on both sides on a medium flame till light golden color.
- Remove from the oil and let them cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also love to check these recipes: