Pudina Rice / Mint Rice Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianMain, Lunch
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 3 – 4
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1 cup Mint Leaves, tightly packed
- 1 cup Onion, chopped lengthwise
- 4 Tomatoes, medium sized
- 4 Green Chillies or as needed
- 10 Cashews
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pressure cook the rice with 2 cups of water for 3 whistles.
- Spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and let it cool.
- Wash and grind the mint leaves into a coarse paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and cashews and fry until golden brown color..
- Then add the slit green chillies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the sliced onions and fry until translucent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and turmeric and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook on a low flame until tomatoes are mushy.
- Now add the mint leaves paste to it and fry for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Finally add the cooked rice and salt and mix everything well.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with raita or plain yogurt.
You might also like to check these recipes: