If you are looking for more Plantain Recipes then do check Raw Banana Podimas, Plantain Poriyal, Banana Chips, Aratikaya Ulli Karam, Aratikaya Koora, Aratikaya Kobbari Pala Kura and Aratikaya perugu pachadi.
Plantain Fry with Sambar Powder
Hari Chandana PIndian, South IndianSide Dish
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 3
- 1.5 cups Plantain, chopped
- 1 Onion
- 1 to 1.5 tsp Sambar Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and chop the plantain into medium cubes.
- In a saucepan, add the cubed plantain, turmeric and water and cook until plantain pieces are tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves and sliced onion and fry until translucent.
- Then add the cooked plantain pieces, salt and sambar powder to it and combine.
- Sprinkle a handful of water and mix. Cook without the lid on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- If it sticks to the pan, add little more oil. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with rice or rasam rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: