If you are looking for more traditional recipes then do check Paramannam, Aava Pettina pulihora, Kobbari Payasam, Sunnundalu, Senaga pappu payasam, Miriyala Pulihora, Pesara poornam boorelu and Bellam Pongali.
- 1 cup Whole Mung Beans / Pesalu
- 8 – 10 Green Chillies
- 2 – 3 inch piece Ginger
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and soak the whole moong dal in lot of water for 6 hours.
- Drain the water. Grind the soaked beans, green chillies, salt and ginger into a little coarse or smooth paste. Use very little water if needed.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Wet your hands and take a lemon sized ball of batter and flatten it on your palm or on a plastic sheet. Make a small hole in the middle of the vada so that it cooks evenly all over.
- Slowly drop it into the hot oil. Fry it on both sides on medium flame til golden brown color.
- Remove them from oil and serve hot with any chutney.
You might also like to check these recipes: