|Aava Pettina Pulihora & Nuvvula Appalu|
And here’s a full list of Sankranti Recipes.
- 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Jaggery, powdered
- 1 cup Water
- 5 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Combine the powdered jaggery and water in a vessel. Heat until the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Add the cardamom powder to it and mix.
- Slowly add the wheat flour and rice flour to the jaggery syrup and stir continuously without any lumps.
|Bellam Paramannam & Nuvvu Pappu Appalu|
- Continue stirring for a minute or two.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, turn off the flame.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Let it cool completely.
- It will firm up as it cools.
- Grease your hands with ghee / oil and divide the dough into small lemon sized balls.
- Roll the dough balls in sesame seeds and press the ball between your palms to flatten.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Slowly drop them into hot oil and fry them on both sides on medium flame till golden brown color.
- Drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Rava Kudumulu
- Rava Appalu
- Kobbari Laddu
- Peanut Sundal
- Sooji Payasam
- Andhra Pulihora
- Gummadikaya Bobbatlu
- Pala Munjalu
- Kobbari Rava Kesari