Potlakaya Perugu Pachadi Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianSide dish
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
- 1 cup Snake Gourd, sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Yogurt
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 – 2 tsp Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 Sprig of Curry Leaves
- A big pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the grated ginger and chopped chillies to it and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add the curry leaves and broken red chilli and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the sliced snake gourd, turmeric and salt and saute for a minute.
- Sprinkle a little water and cover with a lid. Let it cook until the pieces are tender.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
- Combine the cooked snake gourd mixture and yogurt in a bowl and adjust the salt.
- Serve with rice or roti.