Onion Tomato Red Chutney Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianBreakfast
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
- 1 cup Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- A pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
- In a mixer jar, add the chopped tomatoes and onions and grind it to a puree.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Then add the curry leaves and hing and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Now pour the onion tomato puree and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt and 1/4 cup of water to it and let it cook for a few minutes or until the chutney gets the desired consistency.
- Serve with idli, dosa or vada.
You might also like to check these recipes: