If you are looking for more Traditional sweet recipes then do check Modakam, Rava Appalu, Pala Munjalu, Ranga Alur Puli, Rava Pulihora, Pesara Garelu, Tambittu, Paala Rava Kesari, Bellam Pongali and Rava ladoo.
Here’s a complete list of Makar Sankranti Recipes
Kova Kajjikayalu / Kobbari Kova Ladoo – Step by Step Recipe
- 1 and 3/4 cups Khoya
- 1 and 1/2 cups Grated Fresh Coconut
- 3/4 cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Ghee
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
- Combine the coconut and jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Stir well and let the jaggery dissolves completely. Cook on a medium flame.
- Stir continuously until you get a thick, sticky and lumpy mixture.
- Add the cardamom powder and ghee and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Divide the mixture into 12 round shape balls and set aside.
- Grind the sugar into a fine powder and set aside.
- To make the outer layer, take the crumbled khoya in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Roast the khoya on a low flame for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Transfer the roasted khoya to a bowl and let it cool down.
- When the mixture is warm, add the powdered sugar to it. If the mixture is too hot then the sugar will melt. It should be warm.
- Combine the sugar powder and khoya and make a smooth dough.
- Grease your hand with little ghee and divide the khoya dough into equal portions.
- Take a kova ball and spread it on your palm. Place a coconut ladoo in the middle, gather the edges of khoya together and roll into a smooth ball.
- Set them aside to cool completely.
- Store them in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes: