Shahi Paneer Recipe ~ How to make Shahi Paneer
- 1 cup Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese), cubed
- 1.5 cups Tomato, chopped
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 3 tbsp Ghee / Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
- A pinch of Sugar
- Soak the paneer cubes in hot water and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee / oil in a pan. add the chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, cardamom seeds and onion pieces and fry until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to it and cover with a lid. Let it cook until tomatoes are mushy.
- Turn off the flame. Allow it to cool and grind to a smooth puree with a little water.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan and add the tomato puree.
- Add the turmeric, salt, red chilli, sugar, garam masala, cumin and coriander powders to it and combine well.
- Cook on a low flame until the gravy thickens.
- Drain the paneer cubes and add to the gravy. Mix well.
- Then slowly add the milk with constant stirring and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
You might also like to check these recipes: