Black Eyed Beans Sandwich / Lobia Sandwich Recipe
- 1/4 cup Black eyed peas / lobia
- 6 Bread Slices
- 1 small Onion
- 1/2 tsp Garam Massala
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- Lemon Juice as needed
- Wash and soak the lobia in lot of water overnight.
- Drain water and pressure cook for 3 – 4 whistles with fresh water.
- Mash the cooked lobia well and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add the ginger garlic paste and finely chopped onion and saute till golden brown.
- Add the mashed lobia, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water and let it cook for a few minutes.
- It should be easily spreadable. Add more water if it’s too dry.
- Then add the chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice. Mix well and let it cool a bit.
- Spread this mixture in between your bread and toast with a little butter or oil until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
You might also like to check these recipes: