Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter / Spread Recipe
Hari Chandana PWorldspread
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Makes: 3/4 cup approx.
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Grind the sugar into a fine powder and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan on a medium flame and roast the peanuts to brown color.
- Let them cool and rub the skins off.
- Put the roasted peanuts into the mixie jar and pulse them a few times.
- Then grind it to a fine powder.
- Mix and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Continue grinding until the peanut butter is smooth and shiny. (refer the above image).
- Add the cocoa powder, powdered sugar and oil to the peanut mixture and continue to grind until blended.
- Scrape the sides of the jar and continue grinding.
- Grind until the mixture is creamy and shiny (refer the above image).
- Adjust the consistency by adding a little more oil if you find it too thick.
- Transfer the peanut butter to a container and close the lid. Store in the refrigerate for a couple of weeks.
- When refrigerated, the peanut butter becomes solid so bring it back to room temperature before using.
- Spread the chocolate peanut butter over the bread slices and make sandwiches. Serve and enjoy!
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Khoya Gulab Jamun
- Lobia Sandwich
- Peanut Murukulu
- Eggless Sponge Cake
- Vegan Banana Cake
- Vegan Mango Cake
- Bread Custard Pudding
- Wheat Cashew Cookies
- Chocolate Mawa Burfi
- Baked Nimki
- Paneer Sandwich