Vermicelli Payasam / Seviyan Kheer Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianDessert
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
- 1/2 cup Vermicelli
- 1 cup Milk (boiled & cooled)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Cashews and Raisins as needed
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews until golden brown color. Then add the raisins and fry until it plumps up. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the vermicelli and fry continuously on a low or medium flame till they change color to light golden brown color. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil and add the roasted vermicelli. Let it cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the sugar and boil for 2 minutes.
- Now add the milk and cardamom powder. Let it boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the roasted cashews an raisins and mix well.
- Serve as a dessert.
You might also like to check these recipes: