- 1 cup Fresh Coconut
- 1 1/4 cup Jaggery, powdered
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Milk (boiled & cooled)
- 2 tbsp Raw Rice
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes in water.
- Grind the soaked with coconut and water (approx. 1/2 cup) into a paste.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Add the ground coconut mixture and mix well.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add the powdered jaggery and cardamom powder to it and mix well. Cook until the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Switch off the flame and add the milk.
- Heat ghee in a pan an fry the cashews to golden brown color. Pour this over the payasam. Mix well and serve.
You might also like to check these Festival Recipes: