Mumbai Paneer Pav Bhaji Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianBreakfast, Snack
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4
- 3/4 cup Crumbled Paneer
- 3/4 cup Peas, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup Chopped Carrots
- 3/4 cup Chopped Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Chopped Beans
- 1 small Capsicum
- 1 large Potato
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 or 1.5 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1.5 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Green Chillies, chopped
- 8 Pavs
- 2 to 3 tbsp Butter / Oil
- Salt as needed
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Lemon Juice as required
1. Pressure cook the peas, potato, cauliflower, beans and carrot along with water, till soft. Drain any left over water. Lightly mash the cooked vegetables and set aside.
2. Heat butter / oil in a pan. Add the finely chopped onion and chopped green chilli. Saute them till they become translucent.
3. Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until soft and mushy.
5. Add the chopped capsicum, turmeric, pav bhaji masala, chilli powder and garam masala. Fry for 2 minutes.
Add water, salt and cooked vegetables to it and mix well. Let it simmer
for 6 – 7 minutes. Add little more water if it is too thick
7. Now add the paneer and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
8. Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
9. Slice the pav horizontally into two and lightly toast them with butter.
10. Serve the cooked vegetable mixture hot with toasted pav accompanied with chopped onion and lemon wedges.
You might also like to check these snacks recipes:
- Kothimbir Vadi
- Aloo Chaat Delhi Style
- Paneer Bhurji Sandwich
- Aval Vadai
- Rava Vada
- Sweet Corn Sandwich