If you are looking for more tea recipes then do check Iced lemon tea, dry ginger tea, cinnamon tea, tulasi chai, green tea and pudina chai.
Indian Ginger Cardamom Chai Recipe
Prep Time: 1 min | Cook time: 12 mins | Makes: 2 cups
Hari Chandana P Indian Beverage
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 – 3 tsp tea powder
- 1 – 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- Sugar as needed
- Combine the water, grated ginger, crushed cardamom with the peel in a saucepan.
- Let it boil for 5 – 6 minutes. Then add the tea powder and sugar to the boiling water.
- Reduce the flame and boil for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a strainer into the cups.
- Serve with hot pakoras or cookies.
You might also like to check these Teatime Snack Recipes: