If you are looking for more payasam recipes then do check Rava Payasam, Ragi semiya payasam, godhuma payasam, Paneer payasam, Thalikala payasam and Pesara pappu payasam.
Easy Chana Dal Payasam Recipe
Hari Chandana P Indian Dessert
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 3
- 3/4 cup Chana Dal / Split Bengal Gram
- 1 cup Jaggery, powdred
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp dry coconut slices
- 4 cardamom pods, powdered
- Cashews and Raisins as needed
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in pan. Add and fry the chana dal for 2 – 3 minutes or till aromatic.
- Now pressure cook the dal with 1.5 cups of water for 4 whistles. Lightly mash the cooked dal and set aside.
- Combine the jaggery and 1/4 cup of water in a vessel and heat until the jeggery dissolves completely.
- Now add the dal and cardamom powder to it and let it cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the flame and add milk. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat remaining ghee and fry the coconut pieces, cashews and raisins to golden brown. Pour this over the payasam and mix well.
You might also like to check these Prasadam Recipes: