Vegan Mango Sponge Cake ~ Eggless and Butterless Mango Cake Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 50 mins
Serves: 10 persons
adapted from: Holy Cow!
Maida / All purpose flour : 1 and 1/2 cups
Fresh Mango Pulp / Puree : 1 and 1/2 cups
Oil: 1/3 cup
Sugar: 2/3 cup
Vanilla Extract : 1 tsp
Baking Powder: 2 tsp
Baking Soda: 1/2 tsp
Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt : 1/2 tsp
the oven to 180 degree C.
2. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and baking
soda and sieve this together to ensure even mixing. Keep this aside.
a mixing bowl, whisk the mango puree, sugar, oil and vanilla extract
4. Add the sifted flour to the mango mixture and mix until
the batter shows no trace of flour. Don’t overmix or overbeat.
5. Grease a
baking tin with oil and pour the batter to it.
6. Bake in preheated oven
at 180 degree C for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the
middle of the cake comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool down for 10
-15 minutes and the invert in a wire rack.
8. Let it cool completely and cut into pieces.
9. Serve & enjoy!
You might also like to check these eggless recipes:
- Jowar Chocolate Peanut Cookies
- Bread Custard Pudding
- Whole Wheat Cashew Cookies
- Pearl Millet Almond Cookies
- Ragi Thumbprint Cookies