|Coconut Ragi Sevai ~ Steamed Ragi Noodles with Fresh Coconut|
- Ragi Flour / Millet Flour : 1 cup
- Oil : 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Grated Coconut : 1cup
- Peanuts : 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Chana Dal : 1 tsp
- Urad Dal : 1 tsp
- Green Chillies : 3
- Dried Red Chillies : 2
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Hing : 1/8 tsp
- Oil : 1 tbsp
make a soft dough. The dough
should be soft and smooth.
Grease the idli plates with oil and set aside. Fill the sev press with
the ragi dough and press it onto greased idli plates. Steam it for 10 –
4. Heat oil in pan for tempering. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, peanuts and urad dal and let them splutter.
Add the broken red chillies, split green chillies, hing and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
5. Now add the finely grated coconut and turmeric to it and fry
for 2 minutes. Then add the steamed ragi sevai and mix well.