For the rice balls:
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Ghee
- A pinch of Salt
For the sauce:
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut, grated
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Combine one cup of water, ghee and salt in a vessel and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the rice flour to it and mix very well to prevent lumps.
- Reduce the flame to low and let it cook for 2 minutes or until it forms a dough consistency.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- When it is warm enough to handle, grease your hands and knead the mixture to make a soft dough.
- Keep it covered to prevent drying.
- Grease your hands and make small balls out of the dough.
- Keep covered them until use to prevent them from drying.
- Heat the milk in a wide pan.
- Add the sugar and coconut to it and boil for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the prepared rice balls to the boiling milk.
- Let it cook on a medium flame for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- When it is done, add the cardamom powder and combine.
- Turn off the flame and serve warm or cold.