Deep Fried Vulli Vadiyalu with Mamidi Charu Annam ~ Our meal today
1. Wash and soak the urad dal for 6 hours. Wash, drain and grind the soaked urad dal into a smooth and thick batter with little water. Take it out.
2. Peel the onions and keep it aside. Put the urad dal batter, chopped onions, salt, red chilli powder and hing in a bowl and mix very well.
Sun dried Onion vadiams
3. Make round shape papads with a spoon on the plastic sheet and let them dry in the hot sunshine.
4. When dried well, remove from the sheet and store in a air tight container.
5. Deep fry the vadiyalu in hot oil before serving.
6. Heat oil in a wide vessel to deep frying the vadiyalu. Deep fry them on low flame till golden in color.
7. Serve with dal, sambar or rice.
This recipe goes to Sizzling Summer Contest